Articles on this Page
- 11/08/12--04:30: _Speed Up Your Billi...
- 11/09/12--04:30: _Design Without The ...
- 11/12/12--04:30: _Eliminate Paper Wit...
- 11/13/12--04:00: _What Apps Are Neede...
- 11/14/12--04:00: _Why It Is Time To ...
- 11/23/12--04:30: _Answer Your Custome...
- 11/27/12--04:30: _Save Money And Time...
- 11/30/12--04:30: _A CRM Designed for ...
- 12/06/12--04:24: _A Great App that He...
- 12/07/12--04:00: _13 Terrific Apps Fo...
- 12/10/12--04:00: _How To Increase Kno...
- 12/12/12--04:31: _Make Online Learnin...
- 12/13/12--04:00: _7 Awesome Apps For ...
- 12/18/12--04:30: _Collaborate Effecti...
- 12/20/12--04:30: _Create Attractive, ...
- 12/21/12--04:30: _Employee Training H...
- 12/28/12--04:29: _Keep Better Track O...
- 01/08/13--04:30: _A Survey Tool For E...
- 01/08/13--04:30: _Google Apps vs Offi...
- 01/09/13--04:30: _Finally a Cloud-bas...
- 11/08/12--04:30: Speed Up Your Billing Process — Review of ChargeBee
- 11/09/12--04:30: Design Without The Designer Price Tag — Review of The PDF Chef
- 11/12/12--04:30: Eliminate Paper Without Losing The Trail — Review of Turbine
- 11/13/12--04:00: What Apps Are Needed To Create A Successful Etsy Business
- 11/14/12--04:00: Why It Is Time To Get Your Business Plan Done
- 11/30/12--04:30: A CRM Designed for Nonprofit & Associations — NeonCRM Review
- 12/07/12--04:00: 13 Terrific Apps For Usability Experts
- 12/10/12--04:00: How To Increase Knowledge Sharing In Your Company
- 12/12/12--04:31: Make Online Learning Easy – Review of TalentLMS
- 12/13/12--04:00: 7 Awesome Apps For Savvy Lawyers
- 12/18/12--04:30: Collaborate Effectively And Efficiently — Review Of Threads
- 12/21/12--04:30: Employee Training Has Never Been Easier — Review Inquisiq r3 LMS
- 12/28/12--04:29: Keep Better Track Of Billable Time — Review of Time Cockpit
- 01/08/13--04:30: A Survey Tool For Everyone — Review of Survey Expression
Recurring billing can be a recurring headache for small businesses and new startups. One company has stepped in with automated billing and subscription services. Today I am reviewing ChargeBee, a company that is focusing on subscription and billing management. These tedious but essential jobs are not my strong point, tasks that many small Internet businesspeople [...]
Though it is easy enough to put a document into PDF format, making it look interesting costs you either money to hire a designer or time to figure out how to get the business graphics and type arranged well. Thankfully, the The PDF Chef offers an alternative. Tired Of Designer Fees And Long Learning Curves? [...]
Every single business, no matter how big or small has paperwork. Pretty much all businesses have purchase orders, expense reports, performance appraisals, and more. TurbineHQ was created because of Matthew Stibbe’s, CEO of Turbine, personal experiences running a company in the 90s with 70 people and way too many forms. He sold the business in 2000, [...]
Etsy is an awesome and busy place in which you can buy and sell handmade items. Thousands of business minded crafters, artists, and creative people use the platform to sell their products. Most are handmade but some are vintage items and supplies for crafters. Etsy has a great set up that is easy to understand, [...]
Creating a business plan is the first step to starting a successful business. I stress the word “successful” because it’s a proven fact that people who have a plan, even when they modify it as time goes on, are more successful than those without a plan. Having a business plan shows how serious you [...]
Getting answers as soon as possible as a customer is a wonderful thing, being able to deliver those answers as a small business, is priceless. I checked out Userlike, live chat software for websites and iOS apps. I know if I have a question about a product and can’t find the answer quickly, I simply [...]
As a small business owner providing that personal touch is so important in helping you stand out from the “big guys”, but using a support system that can scale with your growing customer base is also needed so that you can continue to make excellent support a consistent part of your business. I often find [...]
Confusion is common with the volunteer organizations I belong to. That’s why I was interested to review NeonCRM by Z2 Systems, Inc. They say they can offer nonprofit organizations and associations an easy-to-use, accessible platform to house all of their most important information about their members, donors, event attendees, Board members, and volunteers in one system. [...]
Today’s technology has given us a number of ways to keep communications open between employee and employer, it can be quite confusing. Using Hello Scheduling keeps everything in one place so there are no misunderstandings. When everyone is up-to-date with what is going on and organized, things get done much more efficiently. No More Schedule [...]
In a survey about user experience, conducted by Compuware, results show that a bad web experience will drive 46 percent of tablet users to competitive web sites and 33 percent are less likely to purchase from that company. That means for businesses that run a website that the work of a usability expert can be critical for the success [...]
Workers in the cubicle culture tend to agree that face-to-face get-togethers are the single best way to share knowledge in a company. Some like the idea of weekly lunch meetings centered around a single idea as long as they are informal. One way is having a facilitator keep the topic gently in view by introducing [...]
Setting up a learning course for your employees or customers is a lot of work. TalentLMS feels it offers a simple way for you to develop a program of study and an attractive platform for your students to take it. I’ve encountered some pretty ragged looking training sites when I’ve taken classes online. I’m looking [...]
Lawyers have access to incredible technology today. Today, many lawyers file paperwork electronically via court websites, rather than take them physically over to the court house, and even they schedule court time via the Internet today. With the advent of the iPad and cloud computing technology, there are even more things that a lawyer can [...]
Working with a group in which some are freelance, some are telecommuting, some working out of another office, can be confusing and frustrating. As a freelancer, I am always on the lookout for an easy-to-use and accessible tool that helps a group connect. Threads says it makes online collaboration simple. Let’s take a look. If [...]
As a small business owner, I really need forms to find out what my website visitors are thinking. But designing the form and installing it can literally take me days. So I am totally excited to review 123ContactForm. They say form building and publishing is as easy as 1-2-3. Let’s see! How to Get a [...]
As a business owner, you understand the importance of making sure that each and every one of your employees are working the way you need them to be working. You know how things should be done and want everyone doing things the same way. Training can be a big issue when things are changing all [...]
Keeping track of time spent for billing is a necessary, but often irritating and complicated task. As a freelancer, I have some projects that are billed at an hourly basis. To do this I must keep track of my time in a way that works for me, as well as my client. time cockpit says [...]
Surveys for your blog or surveys sent out to readers via email are limited in most free online survey tools. The number of questions and how they can be asked are capped. It can also be difficult to know how to organize and design them. Survey Expression calls itself the best free online tool you [...]
Google has started charging new users for the Google Apps for Business, its online suite of software applications, for companies with under 10 users who had it for free before last week’s announcement. Their reason is that “with focus we’ll be able to do even more for our business customers.” Let´s see what that means [...]
It costs money to buy cash registers, software, hardware. My friend who runs two small espresso spots gets frustrated because he wants to know how sales are going when he’s out and about. Training his clerks to use the cash register software takes time. ShopKeep says it can help a retailer like him out, calling [...]